cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Spanning-Tree Command explanation needed

After lot of searches in CCO I cannot find a real explanation for the command:

no spanning-tree optimize bpdu transmission

what a CCIE did configure (or it was default) on all our switches (backbone 650x and workgroup switches). - Is somebody able to explain the function of that command?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: Spanning-Tree Command explanation needed

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Hello Kernst,

it is a default, I see it in several of our switches and I remember I couldn't find it in command reference.

It refers to some form of packaging of STP messages that  is disabled by default, standard behavior is to forward every hello interval BPDU received on root port out of not root designated ports.

Edit:

it looks like it is an unlucky feature this explains why the command is not documented as explained by Edison in the thread linked by Jon.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Hello Kernst,

it is a default, I see it in several of our switches and I remember I couldn't find it in command reference.

It refers to some form of packaging of STP messages that  is disabled by default, standard behavior is to forward every hello interval BPDU received on root port out of not root designated ports.

Edit:

it looks like it is an unlucky feature this explains why the command is not documented as explained by Edison in the thread linked by Jon.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content