Views
Helpful
Replies

Spanntree - urgent

qwertys21
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I entered the command "spanning-tree bpduguard enable" on a switch and have suddenly lost connection to the whole switch.

This switch is in a remote connection and connected to a 2nd switch. The link has also gone down on the second switch.

Please how can I get back into the switch? What command can I put on the 2nd switch to enable the connection back so that I can log into the dead switch?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Francois Tallet
Level 7
Level 7

ouch, if it's the only connection to this switch, it looks bad:-( The port is errdisabled (which means that it's as good as if it was down). Your only change to get it back up is if you had configured a recovery timer on the switch (errdisable recovery etc...). If not, the link will stay down until an operator brings it back up...

If you had the recovery configured, then make sure that the other switch is not sending BPDUs any more. You can achieve that with BPDU filter. BPDU filter could be dangerous if you had a redundant connection to this switch, but I guess that if this was the case, you would not be asking for help now.

Regards,

Francois

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card