cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Specific Supervisor ports not working on 4507R+E

stephendrkw
Level 3
Level 3

I bundled 8 x 1GB ports in a 2 Port channels on my dual Supervisor Active/Redundant scenario 4507R+E (4 in each Sup)

I was unable to use Te3/5, 3/6, Te4/5, Te4/6 they were inactive, in the end I had to use the below ports.

ONLY all these 4 above ports were in D state on Po1 and Po2

I put an a working SPF in these 4 ports and could not see a red glow unlike the others (not a good idea to do this protect your eyes!) to me this means the port is dead, though I ran diagnostic tests and these ports passed passed successfully. I swapped 1GB SPF's from the working ports to these non-working ports, still nothing, no light at all and also working cables from other ports

I'm confused......are these specific 4 ports used for something else? Like shared-backplane, still nothing adds up for me why these did not become P

Number of channel-groups in use: 2
Number of aggregators:           2

Group  Port-channel  Protocol    Ports
------+-------------+-----------+-----------------------------------------------
1      Po1(RU)         LACP      Te3/3(P)    Te3/4(P)    Te4/1(P)
                                 Te4/2(P)
2      Po2(RU)         LACP      Te3/1(P)    Te3/2(P)    Te4/3(P)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I found this out:

If you use 2 sups (WS-X45-SUP8-E) with redundancy SSO, you can use 4 ports (10G) from each sup.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello,

are your supervisors WS-X45-SUP6L-E by any chance ? If they are, the following applies:

--> When Sup6LE supervisor is deployed in redundant mode (dual-sup) then system will allow only Port-group 1 to use, it can be in 1G or in 10G mode. Port-group 2 remains inactive and this supervisor module does not support shared-backplane (oversubscription) capability.<--

Hi,

The are...........I guess then this statement applies

#sh mod 3
Mod Ports Card Type                              Model              Serial No.
---+-----+--------------------------------------+------------------+-----------
 3     8  Sup 8-E 10GE (SFP+), 1000BaseX (SFP)   WS-X45-SUP8-E

Hello,

I found this out:

If you use 2 sups (WS-X45-SUP8-E) with redundancy SSO, you can use 4 ports (10G) from each sup.

Thanks, this would explain.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card