Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specifying TFTP option in IOS DHCP

Hi,

Can u please let me know how to specify the tftp server IP address in the IOS DHCP server? I could not get enough information from the IOS documentation.

Regards

Gnanavel.

6 REPLIES

Re: Specifying TFTP option in IOS DHCP

Use the "option 150 ip " command for specifying th e TFTP server.

have a look at this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1834/products_white_paper09186a0080080578.shtml#xtocid2083316

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Hi,

TFTP is DHCP option number 66, thus you need to add the following line under the DHCP pool;

option 66 ascii

[edit] I guess Narayan is correct, define option 150 if the TFTP server does not have an entry in the DNS server.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Mohammed,

It would depend upon what the user is trying to do with the tftp server.

I think if the user is concerned with returning the TFTP server address for DHCP clients such as IP phones we generally use option 150

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

First of all, sorry for replying on your reply :) but as i told you before i am using a slowww dial-up link these couple of days, any way using option 66 needs a DNS entry for the TFTP server, and thus i agree with you that using option 150 is the most optimum method.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

No problems my friend, it happens all the time.

good to see you back anyway on the forum

Narayan

hi Narayan,

Thank you my friend :), i missed the forum thats why i am back, but i think i'll have to go back to my lab in a couple of min to continue my battle, c u in a couple of days :)

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content