cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Speed Control Per Port

jtothemak
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3825 router feeding a network of 2950C switches with a vlan per switch.  Is there any way I can set user speeds for example to 25 mb on each user port on the switches in the router?  I know the 2950C will not do this in their configs and I am getting pushback about upgrading the switches 3550s.

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can't set the speed of each switch port of the 2950C from the router, however, you can set the speed on the VLAN found in the router.

If I am reading you correctly I can set speed per vlan, or can I set speed per ip address in the vlan?  IE on a 24 port switch on say Vlan20 on each port can I have 25mb on each ip on the vlan or would I have to have 24 different vlans on the switch?

Per VLAN.

Everyone in that VLAN will have the same throughput.  This is set on the router.

If your CEO is in this VLAN, then his/her speed gets throttled too.

Sorry for the ignorance.  Would you mind posting up a basic config.  So on the Vlan each ip with get say 25mb? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: