Views
Helpful
Replies

Spliting a VLAN

odouiri01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

i have a design issue and i want to know if what i'm thinking of is possible.

Actually, a i have a trunk port fa 0/1 on a Cisco 3750 switch that carries vlan 10 (and another vlans...). however, i have two groups of users that connect on that vlan (lets say VIP users and regular users),  i want to redirect VIP users based on their Mac address to the port fa0/2  and redirect regular user to fa 0/3 while keeping the same original vlan 10 tag for those users.

Do you think is it possible to do that??

Many thanks

4 Replies 4

Rajeev Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are ports f0/2 and f0/3 connecting to different switches?

Regards,

RS.

No, actually they are both connected to a another equipement.

I believe it will not be possible on switch as they all belong to same vlan.

Regards,

RS.

Akash Agrawal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you please draw a diagram and explain your query. Looks like you are expecting layer 2 PBR through which we can forward traffic based on source mac-address. Layer 2 switch forwards traffic based on dest mac and which gets learned per port basis. In your case, do VIP users and normal users having same destination mac, if not we can bind dest mac to respective ports. Why we want to keep VIP users and normal users in same vlan, can we put them into different vlan?

Regards,

Akash

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card