Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH on CBS3120

Hello all,

We have some cbs3120, running cbs31x0-universal-mz.122-50.SE3. I was looking for an IOS that supports ssh. Can't find anything, at least when I look at the supported features on the cisco site. The following url http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/blades/3120/software/release/12-2_46_se/release/configuration/guide/3120scg/swintro.html#wp1043103 says that ssh is supported on the cryptographic universal image, but ssh does not show on the supported features...

Does anyone know if such an image exists or doesn't this type of switch support SSH?

Thank you in advance,

Katerina

2 Replies 2

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Katerina,

You'll need an IOS image with K9 (cryptographic) support. For the Catalyst 3120 with the same IOS version as you currently have this will be cbs31x0-universalk9-mz.122-50.SE3.bin.

If you have support for the switch you should be able to get the image directly from the Cisco Software Download page and then navigate via Products -> Switches -> Blade Switches -> Cisco Blade Switches for HP -> Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3120 for HP.

Regards

Thank you for your reply!

I will download cbs31x0-universalk9-mz.122-50.SE5.bin, because there are some related bugs with SE3. What puzzled me is that ssh does not show up in the supported features of this IOS.

I will download it and see what happens!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card