Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SSH Switch capability on Version 12.2(25)

Hi Friends,

I'm trying to install SSH on numerous 3560 switches running C3560 Software (C3560-IPBASE-M), Version 12.2(25)SEB4, However, I?m not able to - conf t, crypto key generate rsa to initiate the RSA key. Is it the version or is it me?

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: SSH Switch capability on Version 12.2(25)

look at feature navigator

cisco.com/go/fn

image name contains k letter

Great, I have the correct bin file needed for SSH and I'm connected to the router via hyperterminal yet I cannot upload the bin file? I don't have an ftp server to upload it to my flash: copy tftp startup conf etc..on. How can can I get it on my router?

Thanks in advance

Hi Friend,

This is the version problem. You are running IP BASE on your switch which doesnot support SSH. To support SSH on you 3560 switch you need the following image : c3560-ipbasek9-mz. The full image name is c3560-ipbasek9-tar.122-25.SEB4.tar.

Catalyst 3560 IP base cryptographic image and device manager files.This image has the Kerberos, SSH, and Layer 2+, and basic Layer 3 routing features.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3560/12225seb/ol7189.htm#wp745569

HTH, Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Thanks, This was my first post. Great reponse and quick. I think I found a new homepage. Thanks again.

Views
Helpful
Replies