Views
Helpful
Replies

SSO configuration on 6509E

Jonn cos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I am adding SUP720 with no configuration in 6509E chassis already with a SUP720. There OS is same. Now in order to configure SSO, do i need the following commands on both supervisors or just the active one

redundancy

mode sso

I know it sounds stupid but i tried viewing the configuration guide but it also didnt mentioned that whether this command is needed on both sups

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Wilson Bonilla
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Jonn.

SSO is the configured mode by default, once you insert the new supervisor into the chassis it will run hardware (pfc checks), IOS version and startup configuration checks, if there's not mismatch it will come up in SSO mode, however if there's any mismatch it will go into RPR mode.

Regards.

Wilson B.    

View solution in original post

Arumugam Muthaiah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jonn,

The SSO redundancy mode is configured by default. But it only becomes operational if there is a redundant sup present

To revert to the default SSO redundancy mode from the RPR redundancy mode, perform this task:

Router> enable

Router# configure terminal

Router(config)# redundancy

Router(config)# mode sso

Sets the redundancy configuration mode to SSO on both the active and standby RP.

Note After configuring SSO mode, the standby RP will automatically reset.

Router(config-red)# end

Router# copy running-config startup-config

Saves the configuration changes to the startup configuration file.

Regards,

Aru

*** Please rate if the post is useful ***

Regards, Aru *** Please rate if the post useful ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wilson Bonilla
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Jonn.

SSO is the configured mode by default, once you insert the new supervisor into the chassis it will run hardware (pfc checks), IOS version and startup configuration checks, if there's not mismatch it will come up in SSO mode, however if there's any mismatch it will go into RPR mode.

Regards.

Wilson B.    

Arumugam Muthaiah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jonn,

The SSO redundancy mode is configured by default. But it only becomes operational if there is a redundant sup present

To revert to the default SSO redundancy mode from the RPR redundancy mode, perform this task:

Router> enable

Router# configure terminal

Router(config)# redundancy

Router(config)# mode sso

Sets the redundancy configuration mode to SSO on both the active and standby RP.

Note After configuring SSO mode, the standby RP will automatically reset.

Router(config-red)# end

Router# copy running-config startup-config

Saves the configuration changes to the startup configuration file.

Regards,

Aru

*** Please rate if the post is useful ***

Regards, Aru *** Please rate if the post useful ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card