Views
Helpful
Replies

SSO errors messages

mathieuchanu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I meet a problem with 2 Supervisor card.

I obtain the following logs messages but everythings seems to be OK, everithings are OK in the show module... Have you an idea about this problem?

Nov 10 07:57:01: %C4K_SWITCHMANAGER-3-SSOACTIVEPORTACKTIMEOUT: Internal Event: timed out after 30 iterations waiting for Standby to acknowledge port status change for Fa7/21 .

Nov 10 07:57:01: %C4K_REDUNDANCY-4-KEEPALIVE_WARNING: STANDBY:Keepalive messages from peer Supervisor are missing for 27 seconds Nov 10 07:57:10: %C4K_SWITCHMANAGER-3-SSOACTIVEPORTACKTIMEOUT: Internal Event: timed out after 30 iterations waiting for Standby to acknowledge port status change for Fa7/21 .

Nov 10 07:57:28: %C4K_REDUNDANCY-4-KEEPALIVE_WARNING: STANDBY:Keepalive messages from peer Supervisor are missing for 54 seconds .Nov 10 07:57:33: %C4K_ETH-4-MACFATALRXERR: STANDBY:Supervisor EOBC port MAC was reset due to a fatal Rx error

1 Reply 1

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

Mathieu,

I have had a similar issue that you are facing with SSO redundancy between both supervisors. It turned out to be a problem with the backplane. The errors that you posted show that:

There is probably a software failure creating a communication problem between the active supervisor engine and the standby supervisor engine. SSO Redundancy mode cannot operate reliably when this condition occurs.

I would recommend putting in a TAC case and they can determine that it is a hardware issue .

HTH,

Mark

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card