Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

stack 10 C3750X????

What would happen if you stack 10 C3750X switches? I 've stacked 9 all the ports are active and I need about 12 moreOK

2 REPLIES
Purple

Unless you are willing to try

Unless you are willing to try it on your stack I suggest you ask your cisco rep. 9 is normally the max so it may be restricted in code just so people don't try this. Otherwise get a mgt address just directly connect another switch via normal ports and trunk and etherchannel to the bottom switch
Super Bronze

DisclaimerThe Author of this

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

My understanding, all the 3750 series stacks are limited to 9 units, i.e. you shouldn't be able to stack a 10th stack member.  Unsure what will happen if you physically connect 10 stack members.

Assuming it doesn't work, you can, of course, just attach the 10th switch as a standalone unit to the stack.  You could setup MEC to the stack.

BTW, not too long ago, Cisco documented 3750X stack module ports have as much dedicated buffer RAM as 24 edge ports, so depending how busy you expect the 10th standalone 3750 might be, you might want to use module ports.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content