Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stack 3750

hello, i have a problem , i have a stack of switchs 3750-24ts,3750-48ts and i want to add and 3750G-48PS switch to the stack,but When i connect the sw 3750g-48ps to the stack of switchs working those switchs block their console port and do not permit input any command and can't form part of the stack of switchs already working. the IOS version in the switchs of the stack is c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB2 and the IOS version on the new switchs tryng to be part of the stack is c3750-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you look in the logs you will probably see a version mismatch . You should be able to copy from the stackmaster into the new switch flash and then just reload the slot , if not then downgrade the new switch to match the rest of the stack . Always make sure that the new switch is off before connecting and inserting the switch into the stack.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Suggest you insure both stack and switch to be added have same version (and ideally feature set) installed. I.e. either upgrade the stack first or downgrade the switch to be added.

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you look in the logs you will probably see a version mismatch . You should be able to copy from the stackmaster into the new switch flash and then just reload the slot , if not then downgrade the new switch to match the rest of the stack . Always make sure that the new switch is off before connecting and inserting the switch into the stack.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco