cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stack Module issue 2960XR's

ALIAOF_
Level 6
Level 6

Trying to hookup two 2960XR's one 24 port one 48 port via stacking modules and when I insert the modules I get this error:

Jun 25 13:15:12.578: %ILET-1-DEVICE_AUTHENTICATION_FAIL: The FlexStack Module inserted in this switch may not have been manufactured by Cisco or with Cisco's authorization. If your use of this product is the cause of a support issue, Cisco may deny operation of the product, support under your warranty or under a Cisco technical support program such as Smartnet.  Please contact Cisco's Technical Assistance Center for more information.

Any idea's?  Cisco's website talks about contacting the sales rep

Error Message    ILET-1-DEVICE_AUTHENTICATION_FAIL: The [chars] inserted in this switch 
may not have been manufactured by Cisco or with Cisco's authorization. If your use 
of this product is the cause of a support issue, Cisco may deny operation of the 
product, support under your warranty or under a Cisco technical support program 
such as Smartnet.  Please contact Cisco's Technical Assistance Center for more 
information.

Explanation    A license authentication failure occurred for a component that was inserted in the switch. [chars] is the component.

Recommended Action    Contact your Cisco sales representative for assistance.

I also took the module out and plugged it back in and no luck.

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This usually happen if you purchase 3rd party Cisco products that has not been approved by Cisco.

If you purchased it from a Cisco reseller, then contact them so they can resolve the issue.

HTH

No we purchased them from a Cisco reseller and they are definitely Cisco.  Already contacted the reseller and they are clueless.

We removed the module turned the switch off, waited a min.  Plugged the module back in and then turned the switch back on.  Module was recognized with this sequence and both switches are online now.

So I guess these modules are not as hot swappable as they should be.

I've seen those stup1d errors before.  And I fixed it the same was I as have done in the past:  Slam the module to a hard surface and re-insert.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: