Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Stack Module issue 2960XR's

Trying to hookup two 2960XR's one 24 port one 48 port via stacking modules and when I insert the modules I get this error:

Jun 25 13:15:12.578: %ILET-1-DEVICE_AUTHENTICATION_FAIL: The FlexStack Module inserted in this switch may not have been manufactured by Cisco or with Cisco's authorization. If your use of this product is the cause of a support issue, Cisco may deny operation of the product, support under your warranty or under a Cisco technical support program such as Smartnet.  Please contact Cisco's Technical Assistance Center for more information.

Any idea's?  Cisco's website talks about contacting the sales rep

Error Message    ILET-1-DEVICE_AUTHENTICATION_FAIL: The [chars] inserted in this switch 
may not have been manufactured by Cisco or with Cisco's authorization. If your use 
of this product is the cause of a support issue, Cisco may deny operation of the 
product, support under your warranty or under a Cisco technical support program 
such as Smartnet.  Please contact Cisco's Technical Assistance Center for more 
information.

Explanation    A license authentication failure occurred for a component that was inserted in the switch. [chars] is the component.

Recommended Action    Contact your Cisco sales representative for assistance.

I also took the module out and plugged it back in and no luck.

4 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

This usually happen if you

This usually happen if you purchase 3rd party Cisco products that has not been approved by Cisco.

If you purchased it from a Cisco reseller, then contact them so they can resolve the issue.

HTH

No we purchased them from a

No we purchased them from a Cisco reseller and they are definitely Cisco.  Already contacted the reseller and they are clueless.

We removed the module turned

We removed the module turned the switch off, waited a min.  Plugged the module back in and then turned the switch back on.  Module was recognized with this sequence and both switches are online now.

So I guess these modules are not as hot swappable as they should be.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

I've seen those stup1d errors

I've seen those stup1d errors before.  And I fixed it the same was I as have done in the past:  Slam the module to a hard surface and re-insert.  

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content