Helpful
Replies

stack ports down on a 2 sw3750 stack

a.diot
Level 1
Level 1

hi all ,

i have some 3750 stack (2 switchs) same ios in each ,

stacked port 1 to 2 and 2 to 1 (an X) ios 12.2.25 SEE1 crypto , and with sh switch stack-port i see a link down (port 1 sw1 and port2 sw2 ie)

stackwise version is 1.14 on both, is there a bug with this version or did i missed smthing ? is there some bads stacking cables ?

any idea or link would be useful

2 Replies 2

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Can you check the stackwise connection for bent pins? this is usually the cause for a damaged cable.

you can try replacing it with a new stack cable and check whether the error disappears or not

Narayan

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Make sure the cables are tightened all the way down , they can look like they are tight but are not . tighted to finger tight or use a screw driver but do not over tighten just till snug .This is not my favorite platform . You try to upgrade them them and they don't upgrade correctly even when you follow cisco instructions to the T , spent an hour the other nite upgrading a stack because i kept getting version mismatch and it wouldn't boot correctly even with the boot system switch all boot parameter.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco