cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stackable Switches 3750

maria.melendez
Level 1
Level 1

I have two 3750 connected as stackable switches but for some reason I can only see one MAC address in the switch detail information. Also I see that one is master and the other is member. Using the Cisco Network Assistant I cant see the front panel of the 2nd switch. I'll appreciate your help.

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Maria,

What if you use the cli and issue command "sh switch" ?

Also what ver of IOS are you using?

HTH

Reza

This is what I got when using command sh switch

*1       Master 0018.b9bd.XXXX     1      0       Ready
2       Member 0018.b9bd.XXYY    1      0       Ready

Currently the IP I'm using to ssh is the IP for switch 2 but in the configuration it shows all the switchports in switch 2 as fa1/0/1- 48  and the switch 2 is the one connected with fiber.

This is the IOS version:

flash:/c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-50.SE3.bin

maria.melendez wrote:

This is what I got when using command sh switch

*1       Master 0018.b9bd.XXXX     1      0       Ready
2       Member 0018.b9bd.XXYY    1      0       Ready

Currently the IP I'm using to ssh is the IP for switch 2 but in the configuration it shows all the switchports in switch 2 as fa1/0/1- 48  and the switch 2 is the one connected with fiber.

This is the IOS version:

flash:/c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-50.SE3.bin

Currently you do not have any priority assigned to the master and salve.  You need to give the master switch priority 15 and member switch 10 or any number less then 15 and reboot the stack during an outage window.  Here is the command:

switch 1 priority 15

switch 2 priority 10

HTH

Reza

shailesh.h
Level 1
Level 1

You can use http://SwitchIP

to view the master and member switch front panel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card