Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

stacking Cat 2960 to Cat 2950

How do i accomplish this I have a network using 2950's and 2960's Can they be stacked together with a gigabit module

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: stacking Cat 2960 to Cat 2950

Nope, this is not possible.2960' switches doesnot support gigabit stacking modules. They have only SFP ports that can be used for fiber uplinking.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6406/products_qanda_item0900aecd80322c37.shtml

HTH,please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Hi,

I think you mean Clustering both Switches. Clustering is possible between both Switches. The only major benefit you will get is save 1 IP address for the management interface if you want. Just download the CNA (Cisco Network Assistant), it is free and gives you Windows interface.

as far as I know Stacking option is only available in 3750's with the use of Stackwise cable. You cannot stack even if you have 2x2950's, but sure you can Cluster them together.

HTH

Shaheen

Hi

I have a similar question. I have just "inherited" a network containing a combination of cat 2950s and cat 2960s. The network is on three floors with 2 cat6 links between floors 1 - 2 and floors 2 - 3. I am in a position to optimise this network and was wondering about the best options for linking the switches together.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies