cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

stacking of 3750 switches

swamy105
Level 1
Level 1

my doubt about stacking switches configuration?

only one MASTER switch is configured enough for routing and vlan and SLB or individually we need configure asif we are configuring other switch for vtp and spanning-tree and server load balancing?

I am totally confused with this..

from the master switch whether all traffic will be load balanced or only one path will it be choosen?

please do help me in this regard

5 Replies 5

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

A stack is managed as one device. You can configure all ports (including those on member switches) from the master.

Regards,

Leo

IN A STACKABLE switches .. How master switches are numbering the port?

for example I am stacked 3 3750 switches is it numbered from 0 -96 or some other way

You have 3 3750 switches

then the ports will be:

interface gi 1/0/1 - 1/0/24 (master)

interface gi 2/0/1 - 2/0/24 (1st non master)

interface gi 3/0/1 - 3/0/24 (2nd non master)

You can lookup the stackmember number by looking at the LED's of the switches. If you press the button next to it, you'll pass the stackmember mode. Member 1 has led 1 on, member 2 led 2 and member 2 has led 3 on.

Hope this helps, rate if it does

thestagman
Level 1
Level 1

When Stacked, the switches act as one logical switch.

I think you already have the answer for the config part. The loadbalancing works diffrent ways on the switches it mostly depends on the server side to chose SLB TLB or both but I think if you are using one stack all of them work fine but if you are using two stacks the Load balancing has limitations.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card