Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stackwise 3850 for VSS dual active detection

Hello

by means of 3750 or 2960-S stacks, it was impossibile to perform VSS dual active detction

using ePAgP trough a MEC towards different members of a stack.

Here the QA docs for 3850 state it is now supported:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-3850-series-switches/qa_c67-722110.html

Though, I'd like to read some confirmation from someone already using it in production or maybe

from some up to date Cisco representative.

I'd like to use lots of 3850 stacks as access switches linked to a 6500 VSS pair. In order to keep

everything redundant i would like to couple VSLP Fast Hellos and ePAgP trough the Stackwise 3850s

but not before making myself sure it's actually supported.

Thanks

francesco

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco,

I have deployed stacks of up to five 3850 switches with stackwise and powerstack cables, there are no issues running active/active on redundant links.  I recommend using LACP.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Yes, you can.  I just recently used a 3850 for dual active detection for a set 4500 switches (VSS).

HTH

A standalone 3850 or a stack? My doubt is using DAD crossing multichassis etherchannel

through different switches within the same stack.

thx

Francesco,

I have deployed stacks of up to five 3850 switches with stackwise and powerstack cables, there are no issues running active/active on redundant links.  I recommend using LACP.

I can confirm i performed the same config.

Thank you

fp

jayesh.acharya1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Francesco,

Could you suggest me to configure failover in two cisco 3850 switch connected with stack cable

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card