Views
Helpful
Replies

Standby IP Address secondary limitation in HSRP on VLAN

shrini6770
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking for info on "how many Standby IP address Secondary" will support under one VLAN in HSRP environment. We wanted to add more no. of secondary addresses but we don't the correct limits and shouldn't have much Mem. and CPU intensive though...

I am unable to find right/correct answer from any resource from cisco and external site and more HSRP is propreitry to Cisco world, as you know.

Could you please response my query with configs (more details and doc) on this would be great and appreciated

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Srini

I do not know a specific answer for your question. In general there is no hard limit on the number of secondary addresses that can be assigned to an interface. And I am not aware of any specific limit on the number of secondary addresses that can be specified in an HSRP environment.

If you need more assurance on this matter perhaps you should open a case with the Cisco TAC.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card