Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static Dhcp Binding

Dear Friend,

I want to bind one client IP address with DHCP manually. Please find below Commands.

1- Router(config)# ip dhcp pool Test

2- Router(dhcp-config)# host 192.168.1.22 255.255.255.0(Client IP)

3-Router(dhcp-config)# client-identifier unique-identifier

If I want to bind another client with the same Pool Is it require to make another pool????????? If it is not require to create another pool, Please mention how to bind with the same pool.

Regards,

Sanjib

4 REPLIES

Re: Static Dhcp Binding

Hello Sanjib,

You will have to create another pool for dhcp bindings. I have not seen any other way to do this. Having said this you could point DHCP to a file with your bindings in.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/ipaddr_dhcp/configuration/12-4t/config-dhcp-server.html#GUID-BF29D8F0-2449-42F9-BEFC-76929001FBA5

Hope this helps

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Dear Bilal,

Thanks for the support.

If we have 10 client and want to bind 10 IP stastically then I have to create 10 pool..ok

How many number of stastic IP that I can bind?????????????

Regards,

Sanjib

I am sure that you will be able to do 10 - probably more if you wanted. I'm not sure what limit there is though. I have not come across any limit.

OK....No problem...Thanks Bilal.....:)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content