cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Static Load Balancing on 3650-X IP Base

MohamedEmara
Level 1
Level 1

Does 3650-X IP Base support Static Load Balancing or i should upgrade to ip service SW ?

4 Replies 4

more_jazZz_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm not sure, but as I understand Cisco Express Forwarding uses the path information in the IP routing table to balance traffic over multiple links. And not important what you use OSPF, EIGRP or static routes. I suppose IP Base enough for load balancing.

Best regards,

Zak.

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

IP Base image supports static routes.  So, you can have multiple static routes each using a different interface for load balancing.

HTH

MohamedEmara
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you jazZz and Reza, but I'm referring to equal cost load balancing via a static route. and according to the link below we need the ip services SW for the dynamic routing LoadBalancing but there is nothing for Static routing LoadBalancing

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps5528/prod_qas09186a00801f3d71.html

cid:image001.png@01CCA9FB.961621A0

So what do u think?

Mohamed,

IP services needed if you want to run dynamic routing protocols like OSPF, Full EIGRP, BGP, etc..

Static routes are supported with IP Base, so can deploy mutiple static routes and load balance among them.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco