Views
Helpful
Replies

static route

dkblee
Level 1
Level 1

hi!

i'm using an L3 switch for intervlan routing. It has baeen configured with 3 vlans within that L3 switch itself.

vlan1 10.71.10.1

vlan2 192.168.11.1

vlan3 172.16.1.1

If i would to use static route rather than any routing protocol. how would the static route configuration be? Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Inter-Vlan routing will occur without the need for any static routes on this switch.

If you are referring static routes from another routing device, it depends on what Vlan this routing device will reside.

Devices connected to this switch (like workstations) just need to have the default gateway pointing to their respective Vlan. For instance, on Vlan1 - a workstation would have the default gateway of 10.71.10.1 and if you have a workstation on Vlan 2 with gateway of 192.168.11.1, they should ping each other.

Note that the commando IP routing must be enable in order to work with intervlan routing

hi! if i would to configure a loopback interface. How do i use static route in this case.

Thanks.

Hi

Even if u configure a loopback interface it will be shown as directly connected in the routing table,in that case u dnot need any static route.Just configure the gateway on u r hosts properly as according to u r vlan information.

Thanks

Mahmood

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card