cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Static Routes not Redistributing - EIGRP

GRANT3779
Spotlight
Spotlight

I'm trying to RD some static routes from my Core L3 switch to a router on the same Ethernet Segment. Diagram attached. They have formed an adjacency no problem.

On my core I basically don't want it learning anything, only want it to RD its statics. I have setup route maps to deny networks I don't want it to learn and also one for RD'ing my statics.

I have added a tag 406 to all of my statics on the core and using this to match within my route-map.

On my core switch (3750) -

router eigrp 100

distribute-list route-map EIGRP-IN in Vlan1      ----> This is denying routes I don't want to learn.

network 172.27.4.1 0.0.0.0

redistribute static route-map STATIC-TO-EIGRP    ----> this is RD'ing my statics which have a tag 406 set.

eigrp stub connected summary

!

route-map STATIC-TO-EIGRP permit 5

match tag 406

!

route-map EIGRP-IN deny 10

match ip address prefix-list 70

Any reason as to why my statics are not being sent out from the Core?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

router eigrp 100

eigrp stub connected static summary

Regards

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

router eigrp 100

eigrp stub connected static summary

Regards

Alain

That worked Alain.. thanks!

What exactly does that command do in the background?

Also - with the IOS that I'm running on the Core switch and the -

eigrp stub connected summary default command

Does this mean I can not advertise route sthat I have learnt from another source?

Hi,

This command is used on stub routers(non transit routers) for limiting the query domain when a route goes into active state on another router,your router will tell the other that it is a stub and so that you shouldn't query it for aroute path when the successor route is lost and there is no feasible successor.

With eigrp stub connected summary you are a stub and you will advertise only connected routes corresponding to a network command and any summary route but not redistributed static routes.

Regards

Alain

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card