Views
Helpful
Replies

STP lab help

whiteford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to learn STP and all the version for my ICND1 and ICND2 (CCNA exams), although I have read all about it and had a walkthrough on my courses, I think I need to practise it more.

All I have is a Cisco 3550, 2950, Cisco 837 and 877 and some other bits, I guess there is no way I can practise STP with these devices unless I get another switch?

2 Replies 2

jimmysands73_2
Level 5
Level 5

If you enrolled in the Networking Academy, you can download PacketTracer and practice that way. You can not do things such as Frame-relay switching, but for STP packet tracer works just fine.

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"All I have is a Cisco 3550, 2950, Cisco 837 and 877 and some other bits, I guess there is no way I can practise STP with these devices unless I get another switch?"

Why not ?. You have a 3550 and a 2950, these are both switches so why not have multiple connections between each of the switches and observe STP behaviour in terms of blocking/forwarding etc.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card