Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Stp Monitoring

Hello,

My question is the following:

i have the next scenario (attached 4 switches with stp.) 

My doubt is if its possible to do a monitoring of the blocked link between switch 3 and 2. Because we have had some problems with high latency in that link.

I know that its difficult because of the port being blocked since it would not allow any traffic. Only bpdu. also these switches are 2960.

is this possible?

thanks!

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Carlos,I am afraid no such

Carlos,

I am afraid no such monitoring is possible. The only mechanism I can think of that would actually be able to test the Layer2 connectivity and latency - which is what you want to do - would be Ethernet OAM but that one is not supported on Catalyst 2960 switches, and I doubt it will ever be (it is more of a service provider technology).

I am sorry to disappoint you.

Best regards,
Peter

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Carlos,I am afraid no such

Carlos,

I am afraid no such monitoring is possible. The only mechanism I can think of that would actually be able to test the Layer2 connectivity and latency - which is what you want to do - would be Ethernet OAM but that one is not supported on Catalyst 2960 switches, and I doubt it will ever be (it is more of a service provider technology).

I am sorry to disappoint you.

Best regards,
Peter

Thanks Peter for taking your

Thanks Peter for taking your time to answer my question.

Best regards,

Carlos

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content