Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

STP MST Design

Dears ,

Im planning to implement a new switch infrastucture with below STP configuration

2 switches are root for the STP with STP mode MST  . The diagram is attached . Please put your comments or recommendation .

Is it better to run port-channel between ROOT A and ROOT B in the diagram ?

spanning-tree mode mst

spanning-tree extend system-id

!

spanning-tree mst configuration

name MST1

revision 10

instance 1 vlan 1-200

instance 2 vlan 200-1024

!

spanning-tree mst 1 root primary

spanning-tree mst 2 root secondary

Regards

Haris P

Everyone's tags (4)
2 REPLIES

STP MST Design

I'm not sure what the question is. Is this a real-world scenario or a lab practice? This is a fine way of setting up a LAN. It is a good idea to have a port-channel between the core switches, because you can conceivably have 2-gigs going through any 2960 and if most resources are plugged into the two 3560-X switches you want the cores to be able to communicate quickly.

Bronze

STP MST Design

It's a real scenario which i want to implement

I just read the below link , and in below link it is not using port-channel between this distribution switches . Is there any real advantage by doing like this ?  My plan was to use port-channel ,but seeing the below link it confused me

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_example09186a00807b075f.shtml

regards

Haris P

Views
Helpful
Replies