Views
Helpful
Replies

STP Questions help

minumathur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends

I have 3 switch connected in triangle fashion, A-B-C-A and i have force switch A to Root bridge by command "root primary" Now i am adding one more switch into network setup, i.e Switch D, i am modifying switch prioriy manualy 2 , in that case all who wil be root bride.

All the switch are in Vlan100.

Please tell me i am stuck up in the middle of reading ..

-M

4 Replies 4

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

its going to depend whats the priority of the current root bridge.i think whne u configure it for the root primary its going to set a default priority of 8192..not sure.So if u r going to introduce a new switch a priority lower than the current root,this switch is going to assume the role of the root switch.

Thanks

Mahmood

Hello,

I agree.

I agree the root primary is a macro that expands in the necessary commands but it is executed ony one time.

Whatever priority value has been used on switch A if the new switch D has a lower priority it will become the new root bridge.

hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi

That means if switch is configure with Root primary command will make no difference if i will introduce one more switch with lower priority...

-Minu

Hi,

Yes,if u introduce a new switch with lower priority its gonna assume the role of the root bridge.

Thanks

Mahmood

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card