Views
Helpful
Replies

STP Questions help

minumathur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends

I have 3 switch connected in triangle fashion, A-B-C-A and i have force switch A to Root bridge by command "root primary" Now i am adding one more switch into network setup, i.e Switch D, i am modifying switch prioriy manualy 2 , in that case all who wil be root bride.

All the switch are in Vlan100.

Please tell me i am stuck up in the middle of reading ..

-M

4 Replies 4

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

its going to depend whats the priority of the current root bridge.i think whne u configure it for the root primary its going to set a default priority of 8192..not sure.So if u r going to introduce a new switch a priority lower than the current root,this switch is going to assume the role of the root switch.

Thanks

Mahmood

Hello,

I agree.

I agree the root primary is a macro that expands in the necessary commands but it is executed ony one time.

Whatever priority value has been used on switch A if the new switch D has a lower priority it will become the new root bridge.

hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi

That means if switch is configure with Root primary command will make no difference if i will introduce one more switch with lower priority...

-Minu

Hi,

Yes,if u introduce a new switch with lower priority its gonna assume the role of the root bridge.

Thanks

Mahmood

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card