Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange behaviour catalyst 5000

when i do a show mod i see on the line modules another SW rel then the supervisor (see also att.), what could cause this.

On the boards that have the capability to create channels i see that the channel status Faulty is.

6 REPLIES

Re: Strange behaviour catalyst 5000

That looks strange to me. It should not be like that and should show you the smae version on the modules. Did you try rebooting the switch. try reloading the sup one and see if the modules picks up the correct version and chnges the status.

-amit singh

Hi,

The catalyst was rebooted last weekend, there was a master and standby supervisor in the switch, when we swapped the master to the standby we had the same phenomenon (took out supervisor in slot1)

Peter

Peter,

If we still had the same thing even after the reboot and sup swapping, I would suggest to report it to the TAC.

You may not be facing any problem with the switch but you can report it to TAC and check their findings on this. This could be the CatOS issue.

You can upgrade the catOS as well to see if that take crae of this or not but i would strongly suggest to report it to TAC.

-amit singh

Hi amit singh,

(FYI)

- We have a second catalyst same sup and sw, and don't have any problem on that switch.

There i see all sw on the same release

- I don't think that TAC support the CATOS version 5.5(11).

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the update. Just out of curiosity, try swapping the sup's in the different chasis and see if this follows you.

-amit singh

Purple

that is strange , may have something to do with the swapping of the standby and primary supervisor where it didn't failover quite right . I would upgrade to final code in the 5.X train think it is 5.5.21 and reboot the switch . This should take care of it or try resetting one module and see if it change the code on that module. As far as the faulty etherchannel that could be an incorrect config that someone tried to do , on these older catalyst you could only use specific ports on a given card to create the channels and you could not use any port you wanted like you can on newer gear , you can check that with the show port capabilities command.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content