Views
Helpful
Replies

Strange Strange Brodcast

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

hello

i cleared the counter for my gig interface connected to DS.and i watch my strange brodcast:

brodcast incresed every second i issue sh interface gig0/1

plz help to overcome

28 Replies 28

hello

here's my captured file.have a look

10xs

edison any reply here based on the above diagrams.and could i stop this Brodacst due to ICMP IPv6

Ali,

Based on the screenshot you posted, it seems you are seeing lots of MLD (Multicast Listener Discovery) packets.

You can control and block this traffic by following this URL

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123cgcr/ipv6_r/ipv6_06g.htm#wp2016579

Hello Edison

i have 2 DSs 720 each.

interface Vlan 100 and interface vlan 101.plz lit the Switable config according this 2 interfaces

10xs

Hi Ali,

Since the traffic is coming from the switch and you are sure that IPv6 is disabled in the switch. Can you post the "show version" output of the switch? It could be a bug.

Regardes,

Dandy

how can i know ipv6 is disable on the Switch(6509 720)?

Hi Ali,

show ipv6 interface [interface-id]

show ipv6 route

show ipv6 static

Make sure you don't use IPv6 first.

In the global configuration mode

SW(config)# no ipv6 unicast-routing

In the interface configuration mode

SW(config-if)#no ipv6 enable

Regards,

Dandy

HELLO

WHAT ABOUT THE GROUP STATE BASED ON THE SCREENSHOT TO DEFINE THE IPV6 ACCESS-LIST?

10XS

and also based on the snapshot.i didnt understand this:ff04::10 do i need to configure it or find the Destination based on my snapshot

10xs

Hello edison!

in my situation what is state for groups based in my screen shot?i have a lots of groups

10xs

hello

any extra Reply

10xs

Hi,

have a look at the source mac addresses seen, which is HighTech_1d:b3:01 in the screenshot. Track the mac address in the switches to the access port (presumably "show mac-address-table") and have a look at the attached device. I would assume the source is not a switch, but a host with default IPv6 settings. Once you found the host(s), check the network card settings and disable IPv6, as you do not want it to be active. In case you do not know how to disable it, please provide more informations on the host(s) causing the issue.

In brief:

1) find access port in the switches by tracking MAC address

2) identify host connected

3) check network card settings connected to switch port

Regards, Martin

Hello

how can i track A MAC ADDRESS?

10XS

hello

I DID EVERY THING BUT THE PROBLEM(BRODCAST) STILL EXIST.HOW U HELP?

10XS

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card