Views
Helpful
Replies

Structured cable guideline norms

xine xine
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently we have to write a document where it will be specify norms about our telecom infrastructure outside of our datacenter it-self. the scope of this documents will start at the user's computer desktop will pass by telecommunication and will and at datacenter room or at the extremity of the office.

I would like to know if Cisco provide a guideline documents about this.... I know EIA/TIA also provide document under 592, 568 and 569 norms. Also I would like to know if 5e category cable is always accepted as a cable support ? My organisation was'nt plan to buy EIA/TIA document and I did not find an summarized document talking about it !

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cat 5/5e is no longer an acceptable standard in my line of work. Cat6 is the must-have for horizontal cabling. Vertical cabling (from floor to floor) is strictly fibre optic cable - OM3.

If the fibre is going to public places, it's a must to be enclosed in an anaconda (aka steel tube).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card