Views
Helpful
Replies

Suggested simulator software to study for BCMSN

thejapa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

For BSCI I'm studying with dynamips+gns3 software with very good progress. As I near to the exam date for BSCI I begin to worry about which software I can use to study for BCMSN. Is there any I can use for switching simulation? I don't have enough resources to set up a lab with used switches so I have to use either spare switches at work or some simulator software.

Thanks for any input.

2 Replies 2

it_samurai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having the same problem too! I need a good simulator to practice for the BCMSN exam.

My friend suggested I buy the BOSON simulator (which I think costs around $500) but I don't really know if it's worth it as I rarely see/read about people recommending the Boson simulator for BCMSN (or CCNP in whole)....

Please HELP!!!!

PS. is it possible to pass the BCMSN without practicing with simulators and labs?

Look into Dynagen/GNS3. It uses real IOS files to simulate real network equipment, and it's free. One word of warning: I've never been able to get it to work correctly under Vista and there's documented issues with it.

If you get it to work under Vista, please let me know how you did it. :-)

http://www.gns3.net

--John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card