Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

suggestion on router model to purchase

Hi all

We are looking for a router , that will be purely dedicated to VOIP line. Money is not an objective

our requirement:

video conferencing

call conferencing

VPN

I was opting to go for 2951 rouer.

we have an SIP server .

we  already have cat 2960 switch with POE for end phones connectivity.

Thanks

srikanth

2 REPLIES

Hi

any one can help me on suggesting the best router models that available for VOIP. as i see some docs about ISR, ISRG2 specifically for voip.

thanks & regards

srikanth

Hi Srikanth,

I would say 2951 is ok, I have it at one of my client data center on which we have 40 s2s tunnels and few of the client vpn tunnels. They also have voice and tandberg video conference through this.

And again its depends on the bandwidth and the load on it to be handle.
If there will be going to put to much load and more encryption traffic then I would suggest ISR 3845.

It have On-board encryption and Support of up to 2500 VPN tunnels with the AIM-HPII-PLUS Module
Antivirus defense support through Network Admission Control (NAC).
Intrusion Prevention as well as stateful Cisco IOS Firewall support and many more essential security features

Regarding Voice, It support Analog and digital voice call support and Optional voice mail support.
Also Optional support for Cisco CallManager Express for local call processing in stand alone business for up to 240 IP Phones
And Optional support for Survivable Remote Site Telephony support for local call processing in small enterprise branch offices for up to 720 IP phones

Please rate the helpfull posts.
Regards,
Naidu.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content