Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Summary command of switchport counters

I am looking for a command that will show me a summary of port usage. What we are running into is we are trying to identify ports that have had usage on them over the last month. We have issued a clear counters to clear input/output traffic and now we want to go back and see if any of those ports have had any traffic on them over the last month. Instead of issuing a show int x/y and viewing the counters is there another command that could give me a summary of all ports and if there has been any traffic?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Summary command of switchport counters

Hey. Good question. I can't think of any command that does this. But why not try something like this:

sh int | include (FastEthernet|packets input)

7 REPLIES

Just a show interface with no x/y will show you all ports and their traffic stats.

hostname#show interface

What is your switch platform?

Hey. Good question. I can't think of any command that does this. But why not try something like this:

sh int | include (FastEthernet|packets input)

Perfect!! We have a couple of different platforms ranging from 29xx to 37xx...

I ended up using

sh int | inc Fa|packets input

Thanks!

Purple

If its a 4500 series switch you use "show interfaces link" and this will show you what you are looking for . Why they haven't ported this command to the other platforms I don't know, it does come in handy once in awhile.

show interface counters

Even Better!

Views
Helpful
Replies