cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sup V-10GE question

rzulueta315
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 Sup V-10GE in each of my C4507R-E switches. They are in SSO mode. Te3/1 is connected. Te 4/1 is connected. Te3/2 is inactive. Te 4/2 is inactive.

Can I use Te 3/2 and Te 4/2 in channel mode for a Nexxus switch uplink?

I have 2 of these C4507R-E as my core switches and will want to do the same identical setup to the 2nd core switch

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Viral Bhutta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If I am not wrong then

Dual uplinks are supported in the following modes of operation:

1) If there are two sups in the device, you can have the first TenGig of
each sup active and acting as an uplink.

or 

2) If there is a single sup in the chassis, then two interfaces on the same
sup would be active and acting as an uplink.

You cannot have dual uplinks on a single sup active when dual sups are
installed in the system.

View solution in original post

Viral Bhutta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check This out

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.2/52sg/configuration/guide/RPR.html#wp1097897

When you select 10-Gigabit Ethernet uplinks on WS-X4516-10GE and WS-X4013+10GE Supervisor Engines in RPR or SSO mode, only TenGigabitEthernet 1/1 and 2/1 interfaces are available. Similarly, when you select Gigabit Ethernet uplinks, only GigabitEthernet 1/3, 1/4, 2/3, and 2/4 interfaces are available. When you select to use both uplinks concurrently, TenGigabitEthernet 1/1 and 2/1 interfaces and GigabitEthernet 1/3, 1/4, 2/3, and 2/4 interfaces are available.

Hope this helps.

Thats is correct.

4 Replies 4

Viral Bhutta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If I am not wrong then

Dual uplinks are supported in the following modes of operation:

1) If there are two sups in the device, you can have the first TenGig of
each sup active and acting as an uplink.

or 

2) If there is a single sup in the chassis, then two interfaces on the same
sup would be active and acting as an uplink.

You cannot have dual uplinks on a single sup active when dual sups are
installed in the system.

Viral Bhutta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check This out

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.2/52sg/configuration/guide/RPR.html#wp1097897

When you select 10-Gigabit Ethernet uplinks on WS-X4516-10GE and WS-X4013+10GE Supervisor Engines in RPR or SSO mode, only TenGigabitEthernet 1/1 and 2/1 interfaces are available. Similarly, when you select Gigabit Ethernet uplinks, only GigabitEthernet 1/3, 1/4, 2/3, and 2/4 interfaces are available. When you select to use both uplinks concurrently, TenGigabitEthernet 1/1 and 2/1 interfaces and GigabitEthernet 1/3, 1/4, 2/3, and 2/4 interfaces are available.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies. Since I do have it in SSO mode I can only use Te 3/1 and Te 4/1.

Thats is correct.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: