cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SUP2MSFC2 - Load Image from Redundant SUP

AJAZ NAWAZ
Level 5
Level 5

We have a 6509 chassis located far far away in a datacentre. The primary SUP has developed a fault. The secondary SUP has not taken over on this scenario and we need to reload it but the image is stored on the flash disk of primary SUP. Is there anyway to point to disk slot 0 on primary SUP when booting the redundant SUP?

thanks

4 Replies 4

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the  primary supervisor is not too out to lunch so to speak I would think you would be able to do a copy function from the primary sup to the backup supervisor bootflash and just load it from there.  Never really tried it  but have copied stuff from one supervisor to another on the 4500 series which should be similar.

Would you by any chance know what commands to try for this recovery?

thanks

Ajaz Nawaz

krahmani323
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Ajaz,

I would like to know what system your SUPs are running on ? IOS/CatOS ?

And what kind of fault the primary sup has develloped. Moreover what is the current status of the primary Supervisor (has the sup been back to normal, is it in rommon) ?

Is the image located on disk0: due to the fact it is too big to fit in the SUP's bootflash: ?

Thanks and Regards.

Karim

IOS, but i found this for catOS

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-3917

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card