Views
Helpful
Replies

SUP2T QOS channel consistency

cminard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have a catalyst 6506E (WS-C6506-E) with a SUP2T supervisor (VS-S2T-10G) card and a 10G interface card (WS-X6816-10G-2T) + DFC4.

I have configured an etherchannel to another switch with the 2 10Giga ports of the SUP2T card and 2 10giga ports of the interface card.

I only use the 10Giga ports of the SUP2T card so the cards have the same QOS transmit capabilities.

But they do not have the same receive capabilities.

So when I configure QOS (with the new commands on SUP2T) on my 4 ports within the Etherchannel, 2 ports move down because of the inconsistency.

Till this point, no surprise.

The problem is that the command "no platform qos channel consistency" replacing the "no mls qos channel-consistency" does not exist.

I run the last IOS 12.2(50)SY1 IPSERVICESK9.

And I cannot have QOS on my Etherchannel on the 2 cards.

Or I have to use 4 ports of my interface card but in case of failure of this card, I loose the whole etherchannel.

I there a way to avoid the consistency check ?

Is there another command to use ?

Help please.

Thanks

Caroline

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ivan Shirshin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Caroline,

It seems that you have a mistype with that command, as it should be "no platform qos channel-consistency". Could you try it this way (configured on port-channel)?

Kind Regards,

Ivan

Kind Regards,
Ivan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ivan Shirshin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Caroline,

It seems that you have a mistype with that command, as it should be "no platform qos channel-consistency". Could you try it this way (configured on port-channel)?

Kind Regards,

Ivan

Kind Regards,
Ivan

Hi Ivan,

You're right.

I tried the command (with or without the -) in global config only, and not on port-channel ...

It was just that.

Thanks

Caroline

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card