Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SUP2T QOS channel consistency

Hi all

I have a catalyst 6506E (WS-C6506-E) with a SUP2T supervisor (VS-S2T-10G) card and a 10G interface card (WS-X6816-10G-2T) + DFC4.

I have configured an etherchannel to another switch with the 2 10Giga ports of the SUP2T card and 2 10giga ports of the interface card.

I only use the 10Giga ports of the SUP2T card so the cards have the same QOS transmit capabilities.

But they do not have the same receive capabilities.

So when I configure QOS (with the new commands on SUP2T) on my 4 ports within the Etherchannel, 2 ports move down because of the inconsistency.

Till this point, no surprise.

The problem is that the command "no platform qos channel consistency" replacing the "no mls qos channel-consistency" does not exist.

I run the last IOS 12.2(50)SY1 IPSERVICESK9.

And I cannot have QOS on my Etherchannel on the 2 cards.

Or I have to use 4 ports of my interface card but in case of failure of this card, I loose the whole etherchannel.

I there a way to avoid the consistency check ?

Is there another command to use ?

Help please.

Thanks

Caroline

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Hi Caroline,

It seems that you have a mistype with that command, as it should be "no platform qos channel-consistency". Could you try it this way (configured on port-channel)?

Kind Regards,

Ivan

Kind Regards, Ivan Shirshin **Please grade this post if you find it useful.
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Caroline,

It seems that you have a mistype with that command, as it should be "no platform qos channel-consistency". Could you try it this way (configured on port-channel)?

Kind Regards,

Ivan

Kind Regards, Ivan Shirshin **Please grade this post if you find it useful.

Hi Ivan,

You're right.

I tried the command (with or without the -) in global config only, and not on port-channel ...

It was just that.

Thanks

Caroline

Views
Helpful
Replies