cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sup720 - SSO and ssh issues - Mod 8 continually reboots

dclee
Level 1
Level 1

Just upgrading our 6513E chassis in the lab before I install it into prod. Wanted to have ssh support, so I upgraded to the latest K9 image.

But as soon as I did that, my standby sup (sso mode) now continually reboots.

I tried an older safe harbour K9 image and same issue.

As soon as I went with a non K9 image, standby sup syncs fine and all is well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

7 Replies 7

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you upgrading from a modular code to a non-modular code?

what is the old version and what is the new version you are having issues with?

I am currently running Enterprise Wan 12.2-33SXi5 and upgrading to

EnterpriseK9 Wan 12.2-33SXJ2

Cheers

Dave

Dave

Are you using eFSU to upgrade or simply load the IOS in both flash cards and reboot?

I've tried both ways and same result But I dont think its a K9 related issue anymore as I just tried

s72033-adventerprise_wan-mz.122-33.SXJ2.bin and same issue on mod 8 sup.

So looks like I am having problem running a newer image on the mod 8 720 sup. I am gonna turn off sso and just boot up with mod 8 sup and see if it takes the newer image...

Its a sup720-3b with msfc3...so I should be okay to run the newer images correct ?

Yes, you should be able to use newer images on your sup-720-3B, as long as you have enough room in your flash.

Are you Sups exactly the same (hardware)?

Well I should have enough room in flash....you're talking dir supbootflash correct ? Also I can run the image on each Sup card independently if I keep the other sup unplugged...Strange issue for sure..

Just a follow, spent a few hours last night getting to the bottom of it...Looks like there is a bug in IOS versions that was forcing the reboot of mod 8 due to a bulk sync PRC failure. When we looked at the PRC failure it was getting stuck at a boot Bootlolader bootflash statement in the boot variable..It wasnt required so as soon as I deleted it, mod 8 came online as hot standby.

Cheers

Dave

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card