cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Supervisor Configuration.....

davisr651
Level 1
Level 1

At my company, we introduced iSCSI to our network, and find it at issue when our switch reboots, it takes to long... I did some research on SSO, It seems to me to be a much better way to go.. rather than RPR mode.. Can you view my current supervisor config and give input?.. thank you

21 Replies 21

ok, i followed the instructions you posted changing the bootstring.. it worked beautifully... thank you for your mentoring...

rob davis

No problem! Glad I was able to help

Best of luck,

Mark

You can use the existing IOS already in flash.

I would just go ahead and reload the standby supervisor then. If it already has the file in flash you should be good to go.

one more thing. about switching to SSO from RPR on the Supv. would this be worth doing?, does it not really matter.....

thanks for all your help...

rob davis

In my opinion it is worth doing. The supervisor failover times are are greatly reduced using SSO (SSO=50 Milliseconds Vs 45-120 seconds with RPR).

Once it is configured you are good to go, and it's relatively easy to configure.

HTH,

Mark

You will have much faster failover with SSO , thats the way to go.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card