Views
Helpful
Replies

Supervisor Module Upgrade Advice Please

rbauer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I need to replace a dozen SUP1A's running CatOs with WS-X6K-S2-PFC2's and copy the configs over.

I don't think I can just put a Sup2 into slot 2 and have the configs sync with the active Sup 1A in slot 1 because the hardware is different, right ?

I have a spare 6509 chassis I can use to build the WS-X6K-S2-PFC2's one at a time, cut and paste in the configs, and then swap the 2's with the production 1A's, but is there a better way to accomplish what I'm trying to do ?

Any advice or experience you can share would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

1 Reply 1

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rich,

Yes you are right sup 1a and sup 2 are different hardware so both cannot reside at a same time in single chassis and will not synch the config.

The best way will be to use a seperate chassis as you mentioned and make one sup 2 ready and then replace sup 1a and insert sup 2. Once sup 2 is active then you can keep inserting other sup 2s in same chassis in standby slot and can get the config synched.

HTH

Ankur

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card