cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Switch - 3560 Router 2821

Hello,

I currently have switch and router setup in a network.  The router has two IP Addresses int 0.0 Sub-interface 1 (10.6.11.2) & int 0.0 Sub-interface 2 (10.160.1.2).

I have everything patched from the panels to the jacks.  From the switch I can ping both Sub-interfaces but when I plug my laptop into the switch I can only ping Sub-interface 1 (10.6.11.2) and can not ping Subinterface 2 (10.160.1.2).  Any idea why?  Below is the switch port config.  Any help would be appreciated.

switchport voice vlan 160
srr-queue bandwidth share 10 10 60 20
srr-queue bandwidth shape 10 0 0 0
priority-queue out
mls qos trust device cisco-phone
mls qos trust cos
auto qos voip cisco-phone
no mdix auto
spanning-tree portfast
service-policy input AutoQoS-Police-CiscoPhone

Jaime

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Switch - 3560 Router 2821

Hi,

Did you add a default route on the switch pointing towards the router? The following command should be run on the switch in global configuration mode:

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.6.11.2

Please refer to the following link for more details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094374.shtml

If this does not help, it would be great if you could paste the configuration of router interfaces and vlan interface of the switch where you configured the switch's IP address. Also, a 'sh ip route' from both sides might help.

Andras

Community Member

Andras,

I do have that route statement.  Attached are the configs for router and switch.  Currently my WAN is down.  I am just testing before a network turn that will occur tomorrow.  I read somewhere that the issue may be because my WAN is down.  Do you know if that is correct?

So my laptop cannot ping 10.160.1.2 but the switch can.  My laptop can ping 10.6.11.2

Thanks,

Jaime

Silver

When did this problem start to happen?

Was this configuration working before?

What is the default gateway on the laptop?

Do you have ip routing enabled on the switch? It's 'ip routing' in global config.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content