cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch Command to set Port Channel Port number (Po#)

Dean Romanelli
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

Is there a command I can use in my Cisco switch that will allow me to assign the port number I want for a port channel interface (Po#)?

For example:

int fa0/1

channel-group 1 mode on

Issuing that command automatically creates interface Po1.  However, for internal numbering convention ease, I want the port channel interface tied to channel-group 1 to be port 13 (Po13).

Is this possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Falconer
Level 1
Level 1

The number in the interface channel-group command corresponds to a specific po interface.

So if you've created po13, you will have to use the channel-group 13 on the physical interface. If you use channel-group 1 on the interface, it will assign that physical interface to po1. You can't tie the command in the physical interface to a different numbered po interface.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Robert Falconer
Level 1
Level 1

The number in the interface channel-group command corresponds to a specific po interface.

So if you've created po13, you will have to use the channel-group 13 on the physical interface. If you use channel-group 1 on the interface, it will assign that physical interface to po1. You can't tie the command in the physical interface to a different numbered po interface.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card