cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch Conflict

slgifford
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3560 switch and a 2960G switch. They are both in separate buildings, connected by Gigabit GBICs to an Allied Telesyn switch via separate fiber optic paths. When I connect the 2960G, the 3560 stops communicating with the network. There are no IP address conflicts, each switch has it's own IP. As soon as I disconnect the 2960G, the 3560 begins communicating again. The only configuration on the two CISCO switches are via the express setup GUI. Other than that, they have factory default settings. If anyone has any idea as to why this might be happening, I am all ears and very appreciative of your thoughts. Thanks you.

3 Replies 3

desai.jaideep
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

Between switches there is lot of layer 2 data transferring then just IP. Its very hard to diagnose remotely. Can u just post the "sh tech-support" of all the switches?

Regards

JD

Thank you for your reply JD. I was short on time and had to hire someone smarter than me (was easy to find that person) to fix it. Turns out that both switches were operating in "server" mode. I am new to Cisco switches and didn't know they did that. He fixed it and we are up and running. Again, thank you for your willingness to help, I appreciate it.

Hmm... sounds different.

But anyways if its up and running...thats all matters.

Bye

JD

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card