Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Switch IOS License

HI All

please i faced this notification below in my Multilayer Switch ( c3750 ) during console access

*May  9 10:33:52.960: %LICENSE-2-EXPIRED: License for feature ipservices 1.0 has expired 1 week  and 2 days ago. UDI=WS-C3750X-24T-E:F

Any one can assist me !!

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Switch IOS License

You must have enabled the evaluation license (good for 60 days only). If you aren't using any features specific to ipservices, you can change back to the permanent license level (ipbase or lanbase).

For now, the switch will operate normally until reload. If the current license is expired, a reload will revert the switch back to the licensed level and any activated features that require the higher level license will not operate.

If you are using and require continued use of ipservices-specific features, you must purchase and install a permanent license.

Please see the following paper for a complete explanation of Catalyst 3k licensing:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/white_paper_c11-579326.pdf

Switch IOS License

Dear Marvin

Thanks alot

could u please tellme breifly how to buy new license ? i bought from one company . how to ask them to provide me the license please ?

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Switch IOS License

You're welcome.

The 3750 product data sheet lists the part numbers for an upgrade license. Depending on which type your permananet license is (IPBASE or LANBASE), the part number you would need for your model of switch is either:

L-C3750X-24-S-E

C3750X-24 IP Base to IP Services E-License

or

L-C3750X-24-L-E

C3750X-24 LAN Base to IP Services E-License

(Reference Table 20 here)

Views
Helpful
Replies