cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch License Upgrade Question

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

I have a 3560-X running LANBase.  I put it on a temporary license to get routing going and have purchased/received an upgrade license.  Here's my question:

If the temporary license runs out, does the switch immediately revert to LANBase or does it wait until the next reboot after the license runs out?

The reason I'm asking is that I would like to apply the upgrade license but don't want to reboot what is effectively the site's core.  So can I just install the new license which should set it as the "license level on next boot" and then let the switch run on the temporary license until its next reboot (which may be past the temp license's expiration date)?

1 Reply 1

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/white_paper_c11-579326.html

"

Temporary Licenses

Temporary  licenses are used for evaluating new capabilities or in emergency  situations. A temporary license allows a feature set to be used for 60  days of actual usage. When the 60-day period expires, the device will  continue to operate normally until reloaded. After the reload, the  device will default to the original functionality before the temporary  license was enabled. Only the actual time that the temporary license is  enabled counts towards the 60-day limit. The Cisco Technical Assistance  Center (TAC) can provide an extension license for longer trials or other  circumstances.

"

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card