Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch port high utilization

hi ,

i am faiz working as network eng ,in my network we use all cisco 2960 switches, problem is when someone copying  4gb data or high from one switch to another switch, by that time rto (Request time out) is comming.

router

|

|

|

user1----------------sw2------------------ sw1----------------------sw3---------------server

user2                                           |

|

|

sw4----------------------user3

1. when user 1 copy data from server ,at that time who is in switch2 behind like user2 ,he is getting problem like when ping to deault-gateway,or anyone

rto is comming and network is very slow .

2. when i open sw2,sw1,sw3,trunk ports utilization is very high except sw4 to sw1 trunk ports,who behind sw4 like user4 ,he is not getting problem.

3.all switches trunkport in my network is fasterethernet and i have no option to connect trunkport to gigaehternet and ethernet channel.

i think trunkport utilization is very high so please help me

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post the following output of the switch that you are suspecting to be having high utilization:

1.  sh version;

2.  sh interface ; and

3.  sh controller e

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

If you can identify this high bandwidth usage flow, using the QoS features on your switches might allow you to segregate the flow so it's not adverse to other concurrent flows.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card