Views
Helpful
Replies

Switching Design

rahman001
Level 1
Level 1

hi everyone,

My customer presently has one head office , and seven branch offices.

All the branches are intended to be connected to the head office .

The present structure is as follows. All the node points at head office are terminated in fourteen 24 port patch panels mounted inside two 42U Rack in their server room. The fourteen 24 port patch panels are linked to fourteen 24 port Linksys POE switches ( SRW224P-EU) . The fourteen 24 port Linksys POE Switches are finally connected to one  24 port Linksys Gigabit POE switch (SRW2024P). The head office network has IP Phones powered by the POE switches.

All the head office applications presently run on HP Blade Server with fourteen blades.

Each branch office network has average of twenty node points and Linksys 24 port managed switches (SRW224G4P & SR 2024). There is no voice yet on the branch networks.

We have therefore proposed the restructuring of their network into a new topology providing a central core point as against what is presently the status. We intend giving the customer Catalyst 4500 and 3560 switches for the core and distribution area and 2960 for the access layer.

I need your assistance to generate the design structure and the right switch specifications that suit their requirements.

thanks

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

rahman001 wrote:

hi everyone,

My customer presently has one head office , and seven branch offices.

All the branches are intended to be connected to the head office .

The present structure is as follows. All the node points at head office are terminated in fourteen 24 port patch panels mounted inside two 42U Rack in their server room. The fourteen 24 port patch panels are linked to fourteen 24 port Linksys POE switches ( SRW224P-EU) . The fourteen 24 port Linksys POE Switches are finally connected to one  24 port Linksys Gigabit POE switch (SRW2024P). The head office network has IP Phones powered by the POE switches.

All the head office applications presently run on HP Blade Server with fourteen blades.

Each branch office network has average of twenty node points and Linksys 24 port managed switches (SRW224G4P & SR 2024). There is no voice yet on the branch networks.

We have therefore proposed the restructuring of their network into a new topology providing a central core point as against what is presently the status. We intend giving the customer Catalyst 4500 and 3560 switches for the core and distribution area and 2960 for the access layer.

I need your assistance to generate the design structure and the right switch specifications that suit their requirements.

thanks

Samson

With the greatest respect these forums are not here to provide free consultancy. Designing a network from scratch is not something that can be covered in a thread like this. It is too large a subject. In addition to which presumably you or your company are getting paid for this work ?

If you come up with a design showing the proposed network topology, switch selection and reasons behind the design and then post it onto these forums for comments etc., or you get stuck in the design phase and have some questions then by all means post and we would be only too happy to help. But to simply come here and say please do a design for me is not really what these forums were intended for.

Edit - if you are struggling to get going then Cisco have many excellent design guides to start with -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns340/ns414/ns742/ns741/networking_solutions_products_genericcontent0900aecd80601e22.html

Jon

thanks for encouragement.

I will work on this design and i will let you know if i would need any assistance..

sam

Hi jon,

thanks for encouragement.

I will work on this design and will let you know if I might need any assistance..

sam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card