Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

switchport autostate exclude on 3750?

Hi,

I have a 3750 that within the config has (on gig1/0/2) "switchport autostate exclude". Checking with the command "show int switchport" does indeed show "Autostate mode exclude". Given that this command does not appear to be support on this switch can anyone tell me how to get rid of this configuration?

My version is:

Cisco IOS Software, C3750 Software (C3750-IPBASE-M), Version 12.2(25)SEB4, RELEA

SE SOFTWARE (fc1)

System image file is "flash:c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4/c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.S

EB4.bin"

Thanks in advance!

Robin.

2 REPLIES

Re: switchport autostate exclude on 3750?

Display state:

show msmautostate

show msfcautostate

clear state:

clear msfcautostate {all | mod/port}

Display state:

show msmautostate

Snippet from Cisco pg.:

To disable the line protocol state determination of the MSFC, perform this task in privileged mode:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note If you toggle (enable to disable and/or disable to enable) the msfcautostate command, you might have to use the shutdown and no shutdown commands to disable and then restart the VLAN and WAN interfaces on the MSFC to bring them back up. Unless there is a valid reason, the MSFC autostate feature should not be disabled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Task Command

Disable the line protocol state determination of the MSFC.

set msfcautostate disable

This example shows how to disable the line protocol state determination of the MSFC:

Console> (enable) set msfcautostate disable

MSM port auto state disabled.

Console> (enable)

show msfcautostate

Hope that works for ya.

Re: switchport autostate exclude on 3750?

erm, no. If you note in my original post this is on a 3750 which actually doesn't have an MSFC which is the confusing part. It would appear that this command or function is not supported on a 3750??

Robin.

Views
Helpful
Replies